We have all seen the big video wall screens in Times Square, or the cool Tío Pepe sign in Madrid’s Puerta del Sol. These are examples of outdoor advertising integrated with the city.
Do you want to improve communication with your customers and increase sales of your products or services? Thanks to outdoor advertising you can achieve this in the most effective way, so in this post we tell you everything you need to know about this type of Digital Signage.
What is outdoor advertising?
Outdoor advertising is that which uses public places to develop and is aimed at a specific and studied public. It can be made up of posters, billboards, illuminated signs, banners, street furniture and all those supports that are installed in public places or where shows, cultural events, sporting events, etc. take place and that are suitable for your advertising campaigns.
Advertising is the easiest way to reach your customers; thanks to a good marketing plan, your company can make a difference and your products can be a success. One of the best ways to achieve this is through outdoor marketing; that is, through outdoor advertising and the use of billboards.
Outdoor advertising is done in all public places where a message is included that is aimed at a specific audience. In other words, it is those visible spaces in high traffic areas, such as streets or roads, which have a high visibility, as well as walls of buildings, in short, strategic places to reach your potential customers.
For example, the exterior walls of a commercial establishment are the most important part where you can install facade screens with outdoor advertising of that company; currently, the best way to perform this communication is through digital signage, as it allows to capture the attention of the public and impact thanks to its dynamic content.
Aspects to take into account before installing outdoor advertising
When opting for outdoor digital signage, you should check that the screens are protected against inclement weather, as well as possible acts of vandalism.
Likewise, it is an ideal means of communication for large brands, due to its dynamism and ease of change; in this way, you do not have to invest large amounts of money to replace a billboard. Nowadays, you can do it instantly and from anywhere; however, you must adapt the content to the space you have available.
What are the best screens for outdoor advertising?
When it comes to betting on outdoor advertising, it is best to choose LED screens. These have a greater protection structure than LCD screens and, although their resolution is lower, it can vary depending on the pixel pitch you choose.
Both advertising windows and outdoor Digital Signage, also called Digital Signage Out of Home, are usually found in areas with a lot of people, since its main objective is to obtain the greatest possible impact. Here we show you where this type of outdoor advertising is usually located:
- Public transport stations
- Large facades
- Billboards and illuminated signs
- Bus and train stops
- Events and festivals
- Any type of digital displays for shop windows
Advantages of outdoor advertising
Here are the main advantages of going for outdoor advertising campaigns:
- Visibility: they are highly recommended for areas with a large influx of people, such as busy streets or main roads. This way, your message can be seen by thousands of people every day.
- Versatility: one of the advantages of outdoor Digital Signage is that your message can be adapted to any space or structure. This way, you can elaborate the most original ideas and attract the attention of your potential customers.
- Savings: although the initial outlay may be higher than in the case of print advertising, in the long run outdoor advertising is much more cost-effective; you do not have to spend large amounts of money on printing, you just have to change your old message for the new one quickly and easily, in a few minutes.
- Interaction: the outdoor LED screens that you can find on our website stand out for creating a dialogue between the customer and the company. In addition, you can use other channels, such as social networks, for users to see your publications.
- Always available: another advantage of this advertising is that, being outside your business, users can see it 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, even when your company is closed.
- Segmentation: outdoor Digital Signage allows you to establish a certain type of advertising depending on time slots, target audience, days of the week or times of the year. It is also ideal if you want to promote an offer or sell a particular product.
- Complementation: outdoor advertising is perfect to join other marketing campaigns and position your company among the preferred ones by users.
Drawbacks of outdoor advertising methods?
Although the benefits are impressive, it is true that there are some drawbacks that are necessary to know. First of all, you should know that it can be complicated to choose the right ad or the place to place it; it is essential to make a previous marketing strategy, to get the most out of these screens.
How to design an effective outdoor campaign
One of the advantages of betting on digital signage for your advertising messages is that it allows you to correct errors easily. Unlike traditional media, in which it was necessary to invest large amounts of money to eliminate errors, with digital screens it will not take much time and you can do it from anywhere. They work through templates or templates with digital content in which you can easily program your content through a menu.
In any case, below we have brought you a series of rules that can help you to carry out an effective outdoor advertising campaign:
- Short but appealing texts: time is of the essence as people are usually in a hurry in public places. Therefore, it is best to keep your messages short, simple and appealing.
- Avoid complicated messages: your message should be understandable by as many people as possible.
- Location: you should carefully choose the place where you want to promote your brand; it is best to study your ideal customer and place your message in the places where you think he/she will receive your information better.
- Creativity: images and texts must be original, to capture the public’s attention.
In short, if you want to go for outdoor advertising for your business and have a clear advertising impact, it is best to choose Easyscreen. What are you waiting for to get your outdoor advertising screens, ask for a free trial? We will also show you our hardware and our store window.