Outdoor advertising encompasses all forms of communicating news and announcements to attract new customers during their daily activities, such as walking or exercising. In this post we show you how to choose the best outdoor advertising media for your marketing strategy.
What are the best outdoor advertising media?
Do you want to bet on outdoor advertising to get more results? The first thing you should do is to analyze the media you are most interested in using, depending on its characteristics and location.
Below we show you which outdoor advertising media offer the best results:
- Monopoles: are highly recommended because, thanks to their large dimensions, they manage to capture the attention of users; they are also ideal for your brand to be remembered. They are usually placed next to highways and freeways and, nowadays, outdoor LED screens are the best option, since they display the message in high quality, regardless of weather conditions.
- Billboards: they are also usually located in high traffic areas and are ideal for displaying specific offers; it is essential to know how to choose the location and orientation so that users remember your brand and it does not go unnoticed.
- Mupis and bus shelters: are usually located at street level, at public transport stops or in shopping malls; the format supports a more powerful message, as there is usually no competition around it. It is an ideal advertising medium for large and small companies; in addition, due to the rise of Digital Signage, you can modify it if you wish from any point, making its cost much lower.
- Canvas: its size is usually very large and is often placed on the large facades of a building in the busiest areas of the city. The problem is that the location and placement are usually more expensive than the previous ones. In addition, in the event of any change, it is necessary to change the canvas completely; it is usually used by SMEs and large companies.
- Public transport: very common for specific promotional campaigns, since its impact is impressive; its marketing strategy is usually complemented with mupis, making it more spectacular and doubling the impact on users. In any case, you must take into account the route of public transport, to see if it coincides with your target audience. This outdoor advertising support is very common for the premiere of films or products of large companies.
- LED screens for shop windows: they can be placed both in the shop window itself and on the facade of the business.
Where to place outdoor advertising media
Now that you know the different outdoor advertising media you can choose from, you must take into account the following factors to choose the best place to make your marketing campaign a success:
- Space with a large audience: you should try to ensure that your advertising campaign is seen by as many people as possible. Therefore, you must look for a busy area or an area that forces users to stop for a certain period. Spaces next to traffic lights, where drivers and pedestrians are obliged to stop, are a good example.
- Location without too many distractions: the design of your marketing campaign should be attractive, but the outdoor advertising medium should not have too many distractions.
- Location close to the point of sale: if you want to sell a product or service, it is best to place your outdoor advertising medium close to your point of sale. In this way, your target audience can arrive quickly and execute the purchase action. In addition, if you place the directions on the billboard, it will be much simpler and more effective.
How to design an effective outdoor advertising campaign
When designing an outdoor advertising campaign, it is essential to take into account the following rules if you want it to be a success:
- Digital content or printed: the first thing you must be clear about is whether you want your outdoor advertising campaign to be digital or traditional; the most advisable is to bet on outdoor LED screens with digital information screens, as they allow moving images, which manages to better capture the attention of users.
- Product and action: you have to determine the objective you want to achieve and analyze the different media in which you can display your message, to choose the one that best suits your wishes.
- Support: once you are clear about the objective of your marketing campaign, the next step is to define the outdoor advertising support you are going to use to carry it out.
- Target audience: you must analyze your customer base and their buying habits to choose the target you want to reach.
- Geographical area: depending on the target audience and the medium, you must choose the right area to place your advertising elements.
- Design: Finally, you must design your new advertising campaign; your message must be creative, innovative, simple, direct, and clear. In other words, it must be understandable and attractive to the greatest number of users.
In short, now that you know how to choose the best outdoor advertising media, what are you waiting for to get yours?